Good to see you here, Dev! As you probably figured, we are looking for reinforcements to join our team. We are seeking specifically people with passion for code and the curiosity to understand how the world works in order to find the meaning in all we do.
It's definitely an asset to have a profound competence on some of the technologies we are using – or going to use. We do need people that can extend our skillset right from the beginning. But since passion and curiosity always beat skills over time, that is not the primary thing we're looking for.
Our product is a wide combination of design, psychology, data acquisition, data processing, data analysis, web and mobile interfaces, various databases, cloud servers, and APIs.
In the end, it's a negotiation AI that handles conversations better than human beings. To work, the system must have the best possible data available and the capabilities to figure out the next move and to generate the natural language to communicate it. Sounds like a challenge you're up for? Interested to hear more?
As a Cloud+DevOps Engineer, you are going to...
- Be an essential part of our motivated development team. Your work is crucial in providing excellent, trouble-free service for our customers, and it also enables the whole development team to focus on the essentials.
- Be responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining, and continuously optimizing cloud infrastructure that supports our use cases and performance requirements. You should enjoy the idea of building auto-scalable, easy-to-maintain and secure systems.
- Be the main initiator on state-of-the-art DevOps practices. Figuring out different ways to deploy code of the highest quality with the least effort should be something that you get kicks from.
- Apply Clean Code principles, test your code, and review others' code
This means that you'll need to be proficient on...
- Cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud)
- CI/CD (e.g. GitHub Actions)
It would definitely be of help to also...
- Know Kafka
What are we exactly looking for?
Most likely, you have spent many years playing (i.e. trying things) with computers and done many projects either at work or in your free time. You have countless times felt the pain of banging your head on nasty problems, but you also yearn for the feeling of coming through as a winner. You know that StackOverflow has all the answers, but you have spent so many hours googling for the basic bugs that you don't get stuck on them anymore – at least daily. You have an "anything is possible – time is the only concern" kind of attitude.
When you join us, you are going to be trusted – probably more than you'd ever expected. We are a small, fast-learning team that you can lean on and spar with, but who also expects you to look for the answers and bring new solutions to the table. We trust that every one of us is actively looking for ways to make our system better, to make our customers happier, and we believe that every one of us can discover the next big idea that takes us forward. We are, above all, honest and respectful.
You'll get the best tools you need and a fair salary. We do believe that physical presence plays a significant role in culture-building and effortless communication, but once you've worked with us some time, part-remote work is a way of doing your thing.